7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Knowing and doing: The battle!

The one thing that I bring to this experience of health and wellness is my own emotional roller coaster with my weight. For the past 5 years, I've gain, then lost, then gained again 40lbs all attached to my emotional wellness. I want women to know that I KNOW its not easy and its a challenge. We have to take care of ourselves and I'm the biggest offender of not take care of me because I want to do so much but enough is enough.

NIKE's slogan is "JUST DO IT!" and to be honest, it really is just that. No more excuses but understand the reasons why you have certain behaviors, understand what health barriers may have to being well and then overcoming those barriers. We can "JUST DO IT!" Its making healthy food choices and portion sizes. Americans overeat - period and we are malnourished as well. We eat foods that have little or no nutritious value. Sugar (my drug of choice) is unhealthy for our bodies and we consume more sugary foods than any other westernized country. We are killing ourselves.

I have set my goal to lose 30lbs by the end of the year and to be a doer. I know the steps and now I will step forward, be an example and live life well.

God Bless,


Rhonda

No comments: