7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Monday, November 23, 2009

a work of art: the unfinished project

One.

A bulimic in recovery is very similar to a drug addict in recovery. I must daily deal with my "issue".

Two.

Its a true journey into self. I'm always rediscovering how my bulimia rears its ugly head. Its a tricky little booger. Just went I think I'm over something, there is a reminder that I still have to address another issue dealing with my bulimia.


Emotional Eating.

I've moved past some aspects of purging. Triggers are still in place but they help on some level. My issue is emotional eating. As I get stressed or when my low level OCD kicks in, food remains a comforter. What I have to remember is that my body had been damaged (though repairable) by my bulimia. I have a very sluggish digestive system, very bad acid reflux, and a metabolism that is a little confused. My body is demonstrating the effects of my mental illness.

We have to remember that our bodies respond to whatever happens in the mind.

So, as I move towards my own personal healing mentally, I have to get back to healing my body. Its in my reach and I can do it.

I'm walking this journey with so many women.

We are a beautiful work of art that's just unfinished.

I am a masterpiece in the making.


Rhonda
CWUW Executive Director

No comments: