7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Friday, October 29, 2010

Being me. Being Free.


How did we develop a society that doesn't allow people to just be who they are?


Even at 42, I'm still fighting to be my authentic self. I've finally grown to a place where I'm good with me, the good things and the messy stuff.  I understand it all.  I'm hardwired to be introverted, overly loving and concerned, strong, sensitive, focused, and driven.  It can make for an odd combo but I understand it as I work at being and living the very reason for my creation. It works...for me. 

Its sad that we have young people killing themselves because they can't be who they are. We can look to all aspects of society for contributing to this underlying, unnerving weight on our spirits that we are somehow 'not right'.  We are all "Can't get right" it seems. We don't live in the right neighborhoods. We don't have the right religion. We don't have a big enough ass. We don't have the right skin tone.  We don't have the right gender. We don't have the right sexual orientation.

Be Free. Let others Be Free.

We should all live a life where our mantras should cry out, "Do others no harm!" 

Let's stop hurting each other. Love one another....daily.

No comments: