7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Friday, April 15, 2011

P90X Round 2...I'm bored









I have successfully completed 1 round of P90X and working on Round 2. I have to admit that Round 2 is just as hard as round 1; probably because I waited almost 9 months between each round. I did continue to workout, however it was not as intense as P90X.

I decided to start a 2nd round because I am training to walk 60 miles over the course of 3 days for the Susan G. Komen 3 day for the Cure and I think it will help with strength training. However, I am on day 47 of round 2 and I am becoming increasing bored and irritated with the sound of Tony “the evil” Horton’s voice, the routines, the music, looking at the same people, and did I say Tony’s voice…lol I am not saying that the workouts are not challenging because that certainly is not the case. My issue with being bored makes my desires to “push play” diminish. P90X is like any other workout for me, I can only do it for so long before I lose interest and need find something new.

 As a result of my boredom, I think I have become a bit insane and ordered “Insanity.” This workout is said to be just as tough as P90X, but the workouts are shorter in length (average 45 minutes vs. P90X average 60 minutes) and the time commitment is shorter (Insanity 60 days vs. P90X 90 days.) I have been looking around Facebook for pictures of “real people,” you know those of us with cellulite, muffin tops, and a 6 pack that is not visible, and I was impressed with their before and after photos. Therefore, I will begin my journey with Insanity as soon as it arrives, hopefully by April 25th.
I will keep you posted on FB and here on the CWUW blog. In the meantime, I will continue to “Bring It” with Tony Horton, make healthy food choices (which includes a cheat day and Meatless Mondays), pray & meditate with the goal of keeping all of my 7 Dimensions of Wellness intact.


Until next time,

Peace & Love
Butterfly

No comments: