7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Monday, April 16, 2012

Stress: Finding Balance

Stress is a killer.  Its harmful to every aspect of your physical and mental being.  We have to find ways to reduce stress in our lives.  Unfortunately, our American culture tells us that living high powered lives is the way.  We forget to take vacations.  We forget to rest and it effects our body.

Even as the Executive Director of a wellness organization, I have to remind myself of taking the time to address the stress.  I work a lot and I get energized by being out in the community but I have to schedule time for me.  Me time is the best time.
I listen and dance to music around my house. Reading has also been a help and exercise is the greatest to address my physical and mental health needs.  Do I need to do better? Yes, I do!  Let's try together! 

So this is a little blog just to remind you to take care of you.

Here are some links about stress: 

Stress Management

Effects of Stress from the American Institute of Stress

Yoga for Stress Management

Enjoy Spring and Live Life Well,


Rhonda

No comments: