7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Time for Self


 
In the spirit of true transparency I have a couple of truths I want to share. TRUTH: there are times when I feel like no one is considering me. TRUTH: Sometimes I just get sick and tired of being there for others and I feel overwhelmed about it. TRUTH: I need to learn to say NO and not feel guilty about it.  Selfish? Maybe. Pity party? Could be.  Whatever the case, these are my truths and it was therapeutic for me to verbalize them; after all I am on a quest for EMOTIONAL and SPIRITUAL WELLNESS.

So,  I’ve put these feelings in the atmosphere…now what?  Well, I’m glad you asked (at least you’re thinking about me…I jest) I AM GOING TO MAKE TIME FOR SELF!! What this means for me is time where I am the first and last topic on the agenda. Time where I will not feel guilty because I am doing something no one else wants to do. Time where I will enjoy my company and break the “nobody is thinking about LaWanda attitude.”  Now, the trick to this to make sure I maintain a healthy balance; I don’t want to sway too far to either side. Yes, I am very much an introvert and I find it ironic that during those alone times I find myself focusing much of that time on others. Now, don't get me wrong, that is not so bad, but I really need to take this time for self. So my plan (Just in case you’re curious) for this year, I will paint...just because I want to see what I can create. I wil take Salsa lessons and participate in a recital and I will practice yoga. Sure, I will continue my running, spinning, and anything else that I can do to maintain my PHYSICAL WELLNESS, but the additional things are going to be things that my family/friends could do with me, but chances are they won’t…be invited…lol

Make sure you take time for self, I’ve learned that I am a better me when I have some me time.

 
Peace & Love,

LaWanda

No comments: