The life of a “road warrior” can be difficult, I know because I am on the road weekly. When I started traveling for work 2 years ago, I put on 20 pounds. I fell into the trap of eating out and not exercising as much because “traveling is draining.” However, those 20 pounds scared me so I had to refocus; so far I have lost 10 of those 20 pounds. With that, I want to share some things that have that have helped me:
1. Pack resistance bands and workout dvds; they don't take up much room.
2. Participate in a virtual fitness challenge, I do these in my room all the time.
3. Ask for a room on the lower level, this will keep the front desk from calling you regarding “thumping noises”…lol
4. Use the hotel equipment (I hate it so I pack stuff..lol)
5. Ask the front desk for safe places to walk/run outdoors
6. Ask the front desk of the hotel for discount passes to the local gyms OR look up the local gym in the area and print off a free guest pass.
7. Pack snacks to stash in your purse or carry-on bags
8. Write down what you eat
9. Go to the grocery store and purchase food items for the week.
10. If you need accountability partners ask a co-worker or use social media; so what if your “friends” get tired of your fitness posts…lol
11. The most important tip, SCHEDULE YOUR WORKOUT AS AN APPOINTMENT!!!
I hope this helps and safe travels!