7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fitness Survival tips for the “road warrior.”


The life of a “road warrior” can be difficult, I know because I am on the road weekly. When I started traveling for work 2 years ago, I put on 20 pounds. I fell into the trap of eating out and not exercising as much because “traveling is draining.” However, those 20 pounds scared me so I had to refocus; so far I have lost 10 of those 20 pounds. With that, I want to share some things that have that have helped me:


1.       Pack resistance bands and workout dvds; they don't take up much room.

2.       Participate in a virtual fitness challenge, I do these in my room all the time.

3.       Ask for a room on the lower level, this will keep the front desk from calling you regarding “thumping noises”…lol

4.       Use the hotel equipment (I hate it so I pack stuff..lol)

5.       Ask the front desk for safe places to walk/run outdoors

6.       Ask the front desk of the hotel for discount passes to the local gyms OR look up the local gym in the area and print off a free guest pass.

7.       Pack snacks to stash in your purse or carry-on bags

8.       Write down what you eat

9.       Go to the grocery store and purchase food items for the week.

10.   If you need accountability partners ask a co-worker or use social media; so what if your “friends” get tired of your fitness posts…lol

11.   The most important tip, SCHEDULE YOUR WORKOUT AS AN APPOINTMENT!!!

I hope this helps and safe travels!
 
Live Well,
LaWanda


 

1 comment:

Rhonda L. Bayless said...

This is so very cool! Thanks for this post LaWanda!