Let's get it together! Its our time! We have week devoted to our health and well-being! This year, CWUW doesn't have a designated event for the week but we will provide plenty of resources and tools to get you healthy!
National Women's Check-up Day - May 13th
What is National Women’s Checkup Day?
National Women’s Checkup Day is a nationwide effort,
coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health, to:
•Encourage women to call and visit health care profes-
sionals to schedule and receive checkups; and
•Promote regular checkups as vital to the early detec-
tion of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, mental health
illnesses, sexually transmitted infections, and other
Check out the Fact Sheet:
National Women's Health Week - May 12th-18th
From their website:
What is National Women's Health Week? National Women's Health Week is a weeklong health observance coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Women's Health. It brings together communities, businesses, government, health organizations, and other groups in an effort to promote women's health and its importance. It also empowers women to make their health a priority and encourages them to take the following five steps to improve their physical and mental health and lower their risks of certain diseases:
- Visit a health care professional to receive regular checkups and preventive screenings.
- Get active.
- Eat healthy.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet, and texting while driving.
Do you need a screening?
Hosted by Raphael Health CenterDate: 5/13/2013 - 5/15/2013
Time: 8:30am - 4pm
RAPHAEL HEALTH CENTER
401 E. 34TH STREET
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46205
Description: Free dental and medical screenings for uninsured women - May 13-15.
This is a public event and is open to the general public.
Fee: This is a free event
- National Women's Checkup Day
- Chronic disease prevention and/or treatment
- Clinical screening and exam
- Health coverage or insurance
- Heart health
- HIV and STI prevention and/or treatment
- Mental and emotional health
- Oral health
- Physical activity and fitness
- Substance abuse prevention and/or treatment
Please visit the womenshealth.gov website for more info