7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mission: Realistic Visions

Last night while looking over my 2013 vision book I had to chuckle at the goals I set for myself based on who I thought I should be instead of who I am. Allow me to explain...last year I attended a "Vision board party" where all attendees created their boards (I did a book, it's more personal to me). Everyone shared their ideas and I watched as others would change their goals based on what others said (I changed two goals). Needless to say, the two goals I changed were not met simply because they were not realistic for me, but they really did sound good at the time. Lol  I'm sad and a bit disappointed in myself, because for a moment I was not comfortable being LaWanda (I literally cringed as I typed those words).

As a result of this reflection, I've decided that "vision parties," are not beneficial to me creating my book.  Am I afraid of changing goals as a result of something that sounds good? I like to think that I'm beyond that...but maybe I'm not. However, I believe that I need to be alone with my thoughts and prayers; this is when I receive the most clarity.

Reflecting on 2013 I feel I've experienced some spiritual growth, emotional healing, self love. I've accepted that:

1. I am truly an introvert and attempting to live as an extrovert was emotionally and physically draining.
2. I tend to over commit and would say yes to avoid disappointing others.
3. I need to be more selfish with my time and space.
4. I really enjoy my own company.

Now, I don't want family and friends to misunderstand this, I enjoy your company. HOWEVER, I simply need and want alone time to recharge, this helps me to be able to deal with you. LMAO.

Now that 2014 is upon us, I have started thinking about my vision book for 2014 and I am very excited about the content. I won't share what will be included, but I do know that the content will be a true vision of what I want for my year.

As we bid farewell to 2013, I encourage you to create YOUR vision for 2014.

Have a Wonderfully Blessed and Peaceful 2014!

 LaWanda Martindale

About LaWanda Martindale
LaWanda Martindale is a wife, mother, friend and registered nurse living in Atlanta, GA.


No comments: