7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Are you livng in the Moment?

 
 
 
Okay so this is my first blog.  Am I nervous, nope (whatever, yes).  Oftentimes, I have moments when I am motivated and get inspirational thoughts.  I like to put a time stamp on my thoughts and writings in hopes of allowing myself to "be in the moment" and reflect back when needed.
 
Here goes.....
When was the last time you were in the moment.  I am not talking about being with that special person while thinking about work, school or the million other things that you need to do.  I ask this simple but complex question because oftentimes (a lot) we are  not "in the moment".  Our minds and sometimes hearts (myself included) are racing with a million things that need to be done.  Are you one of those people (I AM) that find it hard to sleep at night because you cannot seem to turn off your mind.  Yep, that's me.  I find myself tyring to plan the next day, week or even month right before bed. I find I am talking to myself about problems and worries before bed It was not until yesterday (snow day) that I concluded I needed to focus, let go and be in the moment, more often. 
 
Yesterday, we got (25 inches) of snow (just kidding), so I decided to take my 5 year old outside to play and make a snowman.  Did I really think this would be fun (a little), but I soon discovered that I really had a blast.  It brought back so many childhood memories that I immediately called my sister afterwards and we were able to reminisce.  What fun we had!!  We walked up and down the street in the snow, we made a funny looking snowman, made snow angels (yes, I actually got on the ground) and had a snowball fight.  I am telling you I had a ball.  I had so much real childlike fun that adults do not partake in because we have to many grownup things to do.  I was truly "IN the MOMENT".  Playing in the snow may not be your moment, but what is? Being in the moment means a conscious effort to not think about anything else but what you are doing.
 
So put that phone down and enjoy life, smell the flowers and be in the moment. 

You are blessed,

Kareema
Mother, wife, and fearfully and wonderfully made
I am Social Work and Social Work is me. 
Find you passion, and you find your purpose.  What is your purpose?

No comments: