7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Choice.


When I sat down at the end of 2013 and created my vision book, I really didn't think I would fulfill some of the things in it. Because of my ambitious nature, I desperately wanted to believe I would and could, but the negative voices in my head said otherwise. As flipped through the pages and read the notes that I have written, I see evidence of a somewhat broken me, a person that I actually feel sorry for. However, there is also evidence of a transformation--I can see the moment I decided to make a choice to live a "positive" life. This choice was not easy, it required me to let go of unhealthy relationships, change bad habits, battle the external negative energy, and most importantly, silence the negative self talk. 

What did I learn as a result of this "choice?" I have learned from my mistakes, I've learned to celebrate my accomplishments, and I've learned how powerful the words that follow "I AM" are (thank you Clarissa Mitchell). 

This year as I created my 2015 vision book I had a different energy surrounding me, I almost felt like there was a glow around me. As a result, I did not use many pictures, I channel energy when I see words written by my hand. Although, I won't share the specifics (My granny used to say"don't tell everybody your business, all people don't have your best interest at heart...lol) my vision book contains several "I AM" statements...several. I will admit, I am a bit intimidated, but I am not afraid. 

Happy New Year!

LaWanda



LaWanda Martindale is a wife, mother, nurse and novice triathlete; she lives in Atlanta, GA.

No comments: