7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I love you but I hate you: Food

Rhonda's Journey to Total Health:

The biggest issue for me is my relationship with FOOD. Its a love/hate thing. I have my favorites like anyone else but like so many women, its become a very unhealthy relationship.

The first thing I had to do was to recognize the relationship. I wasn't really able to face my eating disorder until about five years ago. It was then when I was finally ok with saying that I've been a bulimic since my late 20's and I have unhealthy body image issues. It wasn't about telling the world but telling Rhonda. With all the loving affirmations people want you to do, sometimes the best affirmation is to get real.

So where am I know with bulimia and food? Interesting enough, I know understand why some drug addicts say they are always an addict. It used to really bug me but really what they are saying is that they need to have a heighten awareness that they can't partake in any mood or mind altering substance for the rest of their lives. Well unlike the drug addict, you can't just obtain from food. I have to eat and this is the difference between the drug addict and the person with an eating disorder including binge eating. But bulimia isn't about food necessarily but about control. I'm sure some of you have the same issue.

Food issues go deeper for many people than just controlling calorie counts and just working it. Food provides comfort. It is a drug for some so you can't just fix the outside but you have to get to the heart of the issue. What is bugging you? Why won't you take the opportunity to really live and be healthy? What is your relationship with food, family and friends? Some of us need to think about that while others need to stop being lazy and get moving! :)

I tell folks that I'm perfectly flawed. I believe that my journey in all of my life's experiences are teachable moments for myself and others and will continue to share this interesting tale.

Take hold of YOU. Life pushed the junk in but we are responsible to get the junk out. Your issue may not be food but bitterness, jealously, envy, violence, etc. There's no need to be embarrassed. Just face it and fix it. Pray and meditate. You are Loved. Lets Go!

CWUW was developed so women and their families could have a place to GET REAL and learn how to move from destruction to perfection. "Be Ye Perfect" as the great Teacher said so that means its in you to be - perfect. This blog is for you as well. If you want to share, share. Add your comments, observations, revelations, etc.

Let's Live Life Well!


Sincerely,

Rhonda

No comments: