7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Utterly foolish or unreasonable


One definition of insanity as stated on Merrian-Webster.com is “something utterly foolish or unreasonable.” This definition of insanity appropriately describes my latest adventure; today I pushed play and was formally introduced to Shaun T and the Insanity Workout.

 Although I have successfully completed 141 days of P90X, it still did not prepare me for the 25 minute fitness test that is performed on Day 1 of Insanity. The purpose of this fitness test, which is performed every 14 days, is to help track your progress during your 60 days of Insanity. Although I am not a big fan of my heart beating so hard that I felt as if my chest would explode or feeling as if I would benefit from a little oxygen, I must admit, after I finished I felt pretty good. My heart rate was consistently in the 150-160s and I burned 440 calories (mind you, this is the fitness test). 

Overall, I remain excited about what Shaun T has in store for me for the remaining 59 days (yes, I’m counting). It is my plan to do my best with this program and "Dig Deeper;" I will keep you posted.

Until tomorrow (I hope)

Peace & Love

Butterfly

No comments: