7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sh**, that was the warm-up?!?!



Today, along with my husband and baby daughter (it really helps to do this with support), I completed Day 2 of Insanity-Plyometric Cardio Circuit. All I can say is “sh**, that was the warm-up?”
Shaun T is a two-faced type of dude. In the beginning he flashes his pretty smile and emphasizes the importance of warming up.  However, the pretty smile is just a front for the evil we were about to face. Shaun’s warm up is not your average “run in place, jumping jacks” type of warm up, this dude has included 7 different moves which are repeated three times for a period of 10 minutes. During this time, this man takes it easy on you during the first set and all of sudden he says something like “now do it again…faster!” WTF!?

After the first round, I thought,  “that was a good warm up” because I had a worked up nice little a sweat. However, by the time I finished the 10 minute warm-up I said “sh**, that was the warm up?”  My freaking heart rate was in the 170s and I was soaking wet with sweat. 

After that, I developed a bit of an attitude with this dude and really felt like stopping, because I had been hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amok by this so called “warm up”…lol. However, I redirected this energy and mentally prepared for the unknown.

The remaining moves were definitely intense, however when I finished the entire 41 minutes (the inserts say 40, but that is so not true…lol) I felt great because we finished. Now don’t think for one minute that I was able to keep up, but I was able to keep moving and I really did “Dig Deeper.”

All in all, Day 2 of Insanity was hard but I am going to keep digging. I am so glad my husband, Dorian, and my baby daughter, T'Lai (ta-lay) are in this with me; it really helps.

Oh, for the record, we did not pour water on our faces, this is actual DNA removal (sweat).

Until tomorrow,

The Martindales are "Insaniacs!"
Butterfly

No comments: