7 Dimensions of Wellness

7 Dimensions of Wellness
7 Dimensions of Wellness

Friday, May 6, 2011

Dig Deeper

Friday, May 6, 2011

Shaun kicked our butts!
For the life of me, I could not figure out why Shaun T. would place a recovery workout in the middle of the week (Day 4); well today I figured it out…Pure Cardio. This workout was the most Insane of all the workouts thus far. This workout, like all the others, had me sweating like crazy by the end of the 10 minute warm-up. After that, Shaun was gracious enough to allow us to “rest” by stretching before the foolishness began. I am not complaining, just stating the facts. In fact, Shaun admits after the workout that “this sh*t was bananas.” 

Dorian, T’Lai, and I really had to “Dig Deeper” with this workout, however, we felt pretty good about our efforts after we saw the folks in the video taking breaks during and literally dropping to their knees by the end. Today, I burned 946 calories in about 40 minutes and my heart rate at its highest was 178.
As I continue on my journey through Insanity, I hope that it will prepare me for the 60 miles I will walk over the course of 3 days in October for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure (yes, there is a method to my madness http://www.the3day.org/goto/LaWanda.Martindale). I also hope that by sharing my journey that I am inspiring you to "Dig Deeper,"and try to incorporate some form of exercise into your day…when you're ready.  Here's one suggestion, a pedometer. A pedometer is great because it tracks your steps and may even challenge you to "Dig Deeper" by taking the stairs, parking farther, or simply taking a walk at lunch to reach your daily goal. Not to mention, if you live in Indy you can walk with CWUW on Wednesdays and Saturdays and knock out at least 3 miles on these days (see the website for details). 

Anyway, one more day before my rest day.
Day 5 is in the books!

Peace & Love,

Butterfly

No comments: