Lasagna has always been a comfort meal, and I wanted to do a quick change up and try a meatless version. Well this recipe turned out so well, my husband requests it more than my meat filled version.
Grab the recipe below.
Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Meatless, Hearty, & Chunky. A great meatless dish for someone looking to add more meat-free dishes to their recipe box.
1. 12 Lasagna noodles
2. 16 oz container of Ricotta Cheese (I use whole milk Ricotta)
3. 1 Large Egg
4. 1 & 1/2 cups Fresh Parmesan Cheese
5. 2 cups of Fresh Spinach
6. 1 Container of Baby Bella Mushrooms diced
7. 1 Large Shallot Diced
8. Marinara Sauce- (grab recipe on the site) allow to simmer on low while you're making the rolls
9. 2 Tablespoon Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. While oven is preheating boil water for pasta
3. Boil 12 Lasagna noodles for 7/12 minutes, drain and allow to cool on a sheet tray
4. Heat butter in a skillet
5. Add diced mushrooms and shallots and saute until soft
6. Combine Ricotta and large egg, stir until smooth.
7. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Season with Salt, Pepper & set aside
8. To build rolls
9. Lay each lasagna pasta flat and spread Ricotta Cheese Mixture evenly across pasta
10. Layer with spinach leaves length-wise
11. Layer mushroom and shallot mixture
12. Once complete, roll the noodle and its goodies to create a small circular roll shape.
13. Spoon half of marinara sauce in the bottom of 9x13 pan
14. Create a single layer of lasagna rolls
15. Spread remaining Marinara Sauce atop rolls
16. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan Cheese atop rolls
17. Repeat until 12 rolls are complete
18. Bake at 350 until Golden and bubbly, typically about 30 minutes.
19. Serve and Enjoy!
- Candace is an Indianapolis native who blogs good eats and food for the soul at foodlovetog.com